Friday, January 14, 2011

Opening Paragraph

To the American teenager, writing is more often than not blown off as school work. You write in school, you take English classes, you live the dream. That is, to say, unless you're my sister, who's idea of a fun elective in the university is olde Norse, olde English, or dead-as-a-doornail Latin.



What people like myself (until now) don't realize is that writing is much more than something you either like or you don't like. Writing isn't a school subject, it's a language. Whenever I write for a class, the topic is not something I scrape out of my brain. It's some point of interest for me personally that I never knew existed. Or if it did exist, it was always something I never talked to anyone about. Writing became a person to who I could thoroughly rely on to listen to me no matter what. I can talk and talk and talk to Writing and it never gets bored of what I have to say. Partly because it's a captive audience, and partly because it's not an actual person. Either way, Writing is my friend, and Writing is my captive audience for this blog.

In this blog I will be talking about video games. Straight up. I will blab and blab to Writing about how fun, artsy, clever, and all around how awesome video games are. You, as my potential reader, may listen too. But you don't have to. Writing has to, you don't. Needless to say, I'd be delighted if you took a moment to hear what I have to spam about the oldest to latest video game software and hardware.


2 comments:

  1. Writing is a form of communication. People don't like it because it's harder to communicate what you want to say on paper. If you're talking, body language helps you get your point across, and also the body language of the other person helps you know when you're NOT getting your point across. When you write something, you have to make sure to be clear, direct, and also pretty to look at, so that people understand you (after being attracted by the prettiness to read you in the first place).

    ReplyDelete